The Filipinx Artist Retreat gathers artists, writers, curators and cultural workers across disciplines with the purpose of fostering community, collaboration, and intergenerational dialogue within the Filipinx artist community and the broader contemporary art world. This convening focuses on strategies for visibility, representation, mentorship, support, and other future possibilities.
Saturday, August 11, 11AM - 4PM, Samsung Hall, Asian Art Museum
- Opening Keynote by Janna Anonuevo Langholz, Filipino American Artist Directory
- A Politics of Filipinx Diasporic Queer Curation Now moderated by Jan Christian Bernabe with Kelvin Burzon and Jeffrey Augustine Songco
- Artist Spotlight: Erina Alejo
- Filipinx Futurity: Interdisciplinary Practices through the Bodiless and the Rooted moderated by Dorothy Santos with Kimberley Arteche and Malaya Tuyay
- Curators in Conversation moderated by Jennelyn Tumalad with Lauren Schell Dickens, Lian Ladia, Linde Brady Lehtinen, Patricia Cariño Valdez, and Trisha Lagaso Goldberg