Language and NYC

I found a fascinating statistic on language and New York City. This might seem obvious but it's amazing to see: "Just 51 percent of New Yorkers speak only English at home, according to recent data from the Census Bureau's American Community Survey. As for the other 49 percent, well, the languages span the globe."

As I continue to be a reflective and responsive educator, I hope to use this information to think critically and sensitively about personal and institutional practices that either affirm, acknowledge or deny this fact.